Food for Thought
Thursday, February 20, 2020
Breakfast Buffet: 7:30 – 8 a.m. | Speaker Series: 8 – 10:15 a.m.
Breakfast and Program held in the Skyview Room, 8th Floor, Fluno Center
Managing Employee Risks
Presented by DeWitt Law Firm
Is your Non-Compete or Non-Solicitation Agreement with your employees likely to be enforceable? Can your business terminate an employee who is three weeks late in returning from her FMLA leave or non-FMLA medical leave?
What risks do you face if your business incorrectly classifies employees under wage and hour exemption laws or independent contractor rules? These and other issues related to restrictive covenants, leave accommodations, and wage and hour classification will be the focus of this presentation, designed to address three of the most challenging areas of risk in managing employees. Speakers: Steve DiTullio and Scott Paler.
Creating Accountable Teams - For Real!
Presented by Eric Coryell, Core Connections
Getting employees to be accountable and engaged in their work is one of the biggest challenges facing employers today. This session takes a radically different look at what your options are for managing accountability in your team and how that choice affects the levels of engagement and accountability that your employees will have. At the end of the session you will:
- Have a new perspective on what accountability really is and how to put teams in a position to be accountable as opposed to having to “hold them accountable”
- How to get any team to become functional and ultimately accountable
- An understanding of how fear of separation drives all individual behavior in a group setting and how to overcome it by getting the team to appropriately deal with real issues
- The secret to getting people to actually speak for themselves in a group setting
- How to build trust on a team and get team members aligned around achieving a common objective
- Understand the real magnitude of team members ignoring their issues or talking about each other behind their backs.
This program will reinforce and build upon our December program on Servant Leadership and January program on Leading with Trust.
Can’t attend in person? Please join us remotely. Click Here.
Meeting number (access code): 281 375 733
Join by Phone:+1-415-655-0001