The Art of Negotiation: How It Can Work for Family Business Relationships
Wednesday, December 6, 2023
7:30 a.m. Breakfast, 8:30-11:30 a.m. Program
Fluno Center and Online
Negotiations occur in every part of our lives: with vendors, clients, colleagues, and even members of our family. Good negotiation skills and outcomes are essential to business, achieving mutual gains, building relationships, and to our emotional health. However, members of family enterprises often face daunting challenges when negotiating with each other. Couple family dynamics with business enterprises and negotiations can become much harder, more explosive, or altogether unmanageable.
Join us for a morning of interactive and fun negotiation training in the context of the family enterprise.
- How to negotiate with your boss (even if it is your parent).
- Determine your walk-away point while retaining your relationship.
- Understand and assess leverage: yours and theirs.
- Improve your BATNA (Best Alternative to Negotiated Agreement).
- Learn skills to help you start difficult conversations that produce the most satisfying outcomes.