Hire Badgers: Student Staffing Opportunities for Small Business
Monday, November 14, 2022
Webinar 10-11:30 a.m.
If you’ve ever wondered about hiring a UW-Madison student, this session is for you! Hosted by UW-Madison Small Business Development Center, we’ll discuss the differences between the Work-Study Program and student internship opportunities and help you understand more about how to make the experience a successful one for both you and the student.
- How the Work-Study and internship programs work, and how businesses can participate
- How to create an engaging internship opportunity that offers interesting, meaningful work
- The mechanics of how to post jobs, interview, and hire
- An overview of who our students are and what they are interested in
- How to establish appropriate tasks for students and set everyone up for success
- Details of who is eligible to offer internships and work-study opportunities, what qualifies as an internship